CVF Capital Partners seeks to invest in small and medium-sized businesses in a range of industries across the Western United States. CVF can provide both debt and equity capital in flexible and creative capital structures, either as a standalone investor or with investment partners.
We invest in:
- Management buyouts
- Growth or expansion capital raises
- Mergers or acquisitions
Our target companies generally meet the following criteria:
- Revenues of $10M to $100M
- At least $1M of cash flow
- Principal operations in the Western United States, most commonly in California or the Pacific Northwest. CVF will selectively consider transactions outside the Western U.S.
- In business at least five years, with a minimum of three years of prior financial statements
- Strong management team, either incumbent or previously identified as part of an acquisition
- Meaningful management ownership and appropriate incentives
- Combination of subordinated debt and preferred stock instruments.
- Investment size of $3M to $15M, with larger commitments possible through co-investment with other funds or sponsors
- Board seat or observations rights.
- Investment horizon of approximately five years
We encourage companies that meet our investment criteria to submit a financing proposal. Please include the following information:
- Amount of investment requested from CVF Capital Partners and the anticipated use of proceeds. Please tell us if you are raising more than the amount you are requesting from CVF
- Current business plan, including company background and a description of current and proposed future operations
- Annual financial statements from the last three years
- Projected financial statements for the next three to five years
- Current and proposed ownership structure
- Management team’s resumes or CVs